Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 | Law Officer Job Vacancy in Bank of Maharashtra 10 Posts
Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 | BANK OF MAHARASHTRA, leading listed Public Sector Bank having Head Office in Pune and all India network of branches across the India, invites online application from candidates for recruitment of Specialist Officers in Scale I & II. Bank is looking forward to augmenting agriculture sector, strengthening cyber security, impregnable legal services and emulating techno-savvy systems in tandem. Please visit Mahagovtjobs.in for Latest Government Jobs in Maharashtra.
Bank of Maharashtra Law Officer Vacancy details
Post Name: Law Officer (MMGS SCALE II)
No. of Vacancies: 10
Salary: Rs. 48170 – (1740/1) - 49910 – (1990/10) – 69810
The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/ Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances etc. in a Metropolitan center & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting.
Minimum Bond Period: Two years from the date of Joining the Bank.
Probation Period: One year
Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Law recognized by the Bar Council of India for the purpose of enrolment as an Advocate with a minimum required marks of 60% or equivalent in the aggregate of all semesters/ years. For SC/ ST/ OBC and PWD candidates, minimum required marks of 55% in the aggregate of all semesters/ years in Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
Desirable: Special knowledge of (i) Banking Law, Company Law, Labour Law and Constitutional Law and experience in drafting of pleadings and documents; (ii) Proficiency in computer applications.
Essential Experience: : At least five years’ experience as an Advocate or as a Law Officer in the Legal Department of a Bank/ financial institution/ statutory corporation/ Company and/or Legal Associate/ Legal consultant in an Advocate’s or Solicitor’s Office or in the Legal Department of Central/ state Government or as teacher in law in a Law College/ University. However, preference shall be given to the candidates having experience as a Law Officer in the Legal Department of a nationalized Bank/financial institution. The candidate should have worked in Bank for one year as Law Officer.
Job Profile: The broad functions of law officers posted at Zonal Offices are as under, which are indicative and may be expanded depending upon the peculiarities and specific requirements of the Zone -
1) Guidance to branches for obtaining required documents in various type of banking transactions. Preparation of specialized documents wherever required. Document verification for advances of Rs.50.00 lacs and above. Providing opinion on legal issues involved in deceased claim settlement. Giving approval to the draft of Bank Guarantees on law points referred by the branches and Zonal Office.
2) Issuing legal notices on behalf of bank and replying legal notices received by the branches and Zonal Office. Assisting the Authorized officer while taking action under SARFAESI Act i.e. drafting and issuing of SARFAESI notices, reply to objection/ representation made by the borrower/ guarantor, taking possession, filing of application U/s 14 of SARFAESI Act and its follow-up and put the property on sale/ e-auction. Assisting authorized officer in taking action under SARFAESI Act i.e. SARFAESI notices, possession notices, sale notices drafted and issued. Uploading the sale notices on various website.
3) Assisting Central Public Information Officer and Appellate Authority in dealing with applications and appeals received under Right to Information Act, 2005. Advising branches and Zonal office on premises matters such as drafting lease deeds, renewal of lease deeds and to defend eviction cases filed against Bank. Advising branches and Zonal office in defending cases against Bank under Consumer Protection Act.
4) Entrusting the cases to advocates in respect of suit filed by bank or defended by Bank, as per the guidelines issued by Head Office from time to time and brief the case. Reviewing the performance of Advocates and submit the review report to H.O. as advised from time to time.
5) The Law Officers being the designated Nodal Officer for DRT, they have visit DRT for monitoring the suit filed cases, Securitization Application (SA) and keeping liaison with Recovery Officer (RO) & Presiding officer (PO) for expediting the cases, more particularly suit filed cases of Rs. 1.00 Core and above are to be attended by the Law officer.
6) Following up of all suit filed and decreed accounts and assisting Recovery Officer at DRT for early recovery. Execution of decrees and liaison with Court Receiver /OL etc. Giving legal opinion to the branches /Zonal Offices in day to day banking and operational problems. Assisting branches and Zonal Offices in approving the draft of FIR / Criminal Complaint before Local Police / CBI etc. and advising in fraud cases.
7) Assisting in conducting Lok Adalats. Submitting the SARFAESI monthly & quarterly report, DRT monthly & quarterly report and RTI Quarterly Report to head office in time. Submitting monthly SARFAESI & DRT account wise details to HO. Punching data and updation of data in CR is Mac Legal Software. Maintaining data, updation and submission to HO account wise details of matters referred under IBC, 2016 to NCLT. Assisting Zonal Managers in empanelment of advocates and review of performance of advocate and submission of report to H O. Monitoring of suit filed and decreed accounts for effective recovery, briefing of cases to advocates, Giving approval of panel valuers for SARFAESI action. Advising branches and Zonal Offices in defending cases against Bank under Consumer Protection Act.
Age Limit: Minimum 25 years and maximum 35 years
1) Candidate should be proficient in computers; good in inter-personal communication skills, analytical skills and drafting skills. The appointment of officers is on PAN India basis and the selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in India as a Branch Manager/ Officer as per Bank’s requirement. Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.03.2021.
2) The date of passing eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University/ Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University/ Institute, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University/ Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing.
3) Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA/ OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in the online application. If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of these norms.
4) Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all the semester(s)/ year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours/ optional/ additional optional subject, if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class/ Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60%.
5) In case of any candidate completed the Diploma Course and got directly entry into second year/ semester in degree course by getting exemption of few semesters/ years then only those semesters/ years marks would be considered which are part of bachelor’s degree, neither diploma marks nor any exempted semesters/ years marks shall be considered for eligibility. The same shall also be applicable for other degree courses.
Pan India/ Pune
1. UR / EWS / OBC - 1000 + GST (180) = Rs. 1180
2. SC / ST - 100 + GST (18) = Rs. 118
3. PwBD - Fee Exempted
4. Women Candidates - Fee Exempted
Vacancy in Bank of Maharashtra - Selection Procedure
(1) The candidates shall be required to appear for online examination to be conducted through IBPS. The successful candidates shall be called for interview in the proportion of 1:4 based on their ranking. The allocation of marks for online examination and Interview is each of 100 only, which will be converted into 60:40. The minimum cut off marks for online examination, interview and final selection shall be 50% for UR/ EWS and 45% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwBD.
(2) The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the Online Examination and Interview and accordingly a merit list shall be prepared for selection of candidates. Merit list for selection will be prepared in descending order on the basis of combined scores obtained, in case more than one candidate score the cut-off marks (common marks at cut-off point), such candidates will be ranked according to their age in descending order, in the merit.
(3) In case, in the opinion of the bank, adequate number of candidates have not qualified by obtaining minimum marks as stipulated above in the online examination, bank reserves right to reduce the minimum marks as deemed fit.
(4) Mere eligibility/ admission to Group Discussions/ Interview/ pass in GD/ interview does not imply that the Bank is satisfied beyond doubt about the candidate’s eligibility and shall not vest any right in a candidate for selection
Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment - How To Apply
(1) Candidates are advised to go to the Bank’s website www.bankofmaharashtra.in and click on the ‘Careers ’ Recruitment Process Current Openings to open the link “Online application for recruitment of “SPECIALIST OFFICERS IN SCALE I & II 2021-22” and then click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
(2) To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and e-mail id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
(3) Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
(4) Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking COMPLETE REGISTRATION.
(5) The Name of the candidate or his/ her father/ husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
(6) Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the Validate your details’ and ‘Proceed’ button.
(7) Candidates can proceed to upload Photo, Signature, Left Thumb Impression & Hand Written Declaration as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
(8) Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
(9) Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before COMPLETE REGISTRATION.
(10) Modify details, if required, and click on ‘COMPLETE REGISTRATION’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
👉 Commencement date of on-line application: September 01, 2021
👉 Last Date of online application: September 19, 2021
👉 Official Notification: Click Here
👉 Revised format of Experience Certificate: Click Here
👉 Apply Link: Apply Online
Best Books for IBPS Bank Exams. Click on book to Buy from Amazon